- The Society shall be called the “Society for Emergency Radiology (SER)”.
- The registered office of the Society will be the Department of Radiodiagnosis, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh.
- The area of operation of SER will be Chandigarh.
- To promote and advance Emergency Radiology (including Trauma Radiology) as a medical science.
- To disseminate recent knowledge of Emergency Radiology among academic and practicing radiologists.
- To train young radiologists and resident doctors in various radiologic techniques, diagnoses, patient care and processes in Emergency Radiology.
- To maintain and uphold standards of practice of Emergency Radiology.
- To encourage research in Emergency Radiology for better understanding of the disease.
TO ACHIEVE THESE OBJECTIVES, THE FOLLOWING STEPS WILL BE INITIATED
- The Society will invite eminent radiologists from within and outside India to disseminate knowledge of emergency and trauma radiology.
- The Society will teach resident community through CMEs, conferences, symposia and workshops.
- The Society will provide scholarship for resident doctors to attend seminars, workshops and conferences to update their knowledge.
- The society will hold CMEs/conferences I workshops I symposia I skills transfer courses in Emergency Radiology
- The Society will encourage and provide assistance to radiologists for presenting research work at National I International Conferences, Workshops and Symposia. The same recipient will not be eligible for such assistance again within three years.
- The Society will assist in publishing and procuring scientific material for promotion and research in Emergency Radiology.
- The Society will acquire and purchase teaching materials and teaching aids.
- The Society will encourage research in Emergency Radiology by providing prizes and awards.
- The Society will receive donations and will spend the same for achieving the aims & objectives of the Society for advancement of Emergency Radiology.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The income and property of the society shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objectives of the society as set forth in title Memorandum of Association and no portion thereof shall be paid to or transferred, directly or indirectly to the members of the society
- No member of the Governing body of the society shall be appointed to any salaried office of the society or any other office of the society and no remuneration shall be given by the society to any member of such Governing Body, except the payment of out of pocket expenses and interest on money lent or rent for premises demised to the society.
- The society by its constitution is required to apply its profits, if any, or other income in promoting its objects.
- If upon the winding up or dissolution of the society there remains after settlement of all its debts and liabilities any property whatsoever, it shall not be distributed among the members of the society but shall be given or transferred to some other institution having objectives similar to the objectives of the society to be determined by the members of the society at or before the time of dissolution.