Membership to the SER will be in the following categories:
- Founding members
- Life members
- Corresponding life members
- Emeritus member
- Honorary member
This membership was extended to total of 26 members during the first year of the society, after nominations by the President, with consensus from other members of the Executive Committee. They will be qualified radiologists, with a post graduate degree or diploma course in Radiology recognized by the Medical Council of India. These include M.D., D.N.B., D.M.R.D., and postgraduate training courses in Radiology from the following countries: USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. In case of postgraduate training outside India, the member should be residing in India. Founding members shall be entitled to vote and hold office.
This was extended to 26 radiologists across the country
- Dr. Niranjan Khandelwal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena (email@example.com)
- Dr. Anjali Agrawal (firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com)
- Dr. Veena Chowdhury (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Arun Kumar Gupta (email@example.com)
- Dr. Sanjiv Sharma (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Rama Anand (email@example.com)
- Dr. S. Rammurti (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. S.K.Puri (email@example.com)
- Dr. Arjun Kalyanpur (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Bhupendra Ahuja (email@example.com)
- Dr. Bijon Kundu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Mukesh Yadav (email@example.com)
- Dr. Mandeep Kang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Naveen Kalra (email@example.com)
- Dr. Mahesh Prakash (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Tulika Singh (email@example.com)
- Dr. Sohan Singh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. D S Dhiman (email@example.com)
- Dr. Ajay Gulati (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Arika Singh (email@example.com)
- Dr. Paramjeet Singh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Harshad Shah (email@example.com)
- Dr. A.Y. Lakshmi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Nandini Bahri (email@example.com)
- Dr. Kushaljit Singh Sodhi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
They will be qualified radiologists, with a post graduate degree or diploma course in Radiology recognized by the Medical Council of India. These include M.D., D.N.B., D.M.R.D., and postgraduate training courses in Radiology from the following countries: USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. In case of postgraduate training outside India, the member should be residing in India. Life members shall be entitled to vote and hold office.
They will be radiologists practicing emergency radiology overseas, radiology technologists, radiology physicists involved in developing imaging equipment and researchers in radiology. This will also include emergency medicine physicians and surgeons. Corresponding members shall not have the right to vote or be a member of the executive committee. They may be appointed to other committees as deemed appropriate by the executive committee.
They will include radiology residents and senior residents enrolled in recognized medical institutions in India. This membership will be limited to the duration of training. Members-in-training shall be entitled to attend and participate in scientific committees. They shall not have the right to vote or hold office.
Applicants should be greater than 65 years of age and should have radiology experience of at least 20 years or more to be eligible. These members will be offered complimentary registration and would have no voting rights.
All international faculty at the First Conference of the Society for Emergency Radiology- Dr Leonard Berlin, Dr Dinesh Varma, Dr Kathirkamanthan Shanmuganathan, Dr Christine Menias and Dr Junichi Matsumoto, to be offered honorary life membership in view of their valuable contribution.
Application for Membership
- Written or electronic applications may be made to the membership committee on a membership form of the Association.
- All the applications for membership shall be made to the President of the Society/ members of the Governing Body, who after consulting with the President and other members of the Governing Body can decide on the membership status.
Terms and Conditions
- The income and property of the society shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objectives of the society as set forth in title Memorandum of Association and no portion thereof shall be paid to or transferred, directly or indirectly to the members of the society
- No member of the Governing body of the society shall be appointed to any salaried office of the society or any other office of the society and no remuneration shall be given by the society to any member of such Governing Body, except the payment of out of pocket expenses and interest on money lent or rent for premises demised to the society.
- The society by its constitution is required to apply its profits, if any, or other income in promoting its objects.
- If upon the winding up or dissolution of the society there remains after settlement of all its debts and liabilities any property whatsoever, it shall not be distributed among the members of the society but shall be given or transferred to some other institution having
- Resignation and Expulsion of members I office Bearers:
If the General Body feels that a member of the Governing Body is not working properly or working against the Society, any member can recommend his/her name and one more member must support that; and if it is passed by the 2/3rd majority of the General Body, then he/she can be expelled or removed from the office.
- Formation of General Body:
The General Body of the Society shall consist of all the members of the Society.
- Power & Function of the General Body:
a) The main function of the General Body is to elect the Governing Body.
b) To approve the annual accounts statement of the Society
c) To make amendment in the rules of the society.
d) To approve annual budget of the Society.
e) To delegate the power and responsibility to the members of the Governing body.
- Meeting of the General Body:
a) The General Body shall meet at least once in a year
b) When the President or Secretary feels necessary or on a written request by two members of the General Body, the President can call any emergency meeting.
c) In the ordinary meeting two week’s notice should be given to every member of the society.
- Quorum of the General Body:
One half of the members should be present in the meeting of the General Body to constitute the quorum.
- Formation of Governing Body:
In the First Annual Meeting of General Body, the President will be elected by Secret Ballot Vote and after his/her election he/she will elect the other officer bearers who will constitute the Governing Body of the Society for the smooth functioning of the affairs of the Society.
- Governing Body:
Vice President- One post
General Secretary- One post
Joint Organizing Secretary-Two posts
Treasurer- One post
Executive Committee Members: Four posts.
- Power and Function of the Governing Body:
a) To prepare the agenda of the meeting.
b) To get the audit of the account of the Society from the Auditor/ Accountant
c) To prepare the annual budget.
d) To appoint sub-committee.
e) To make the procedure for registration of new members.
f) To obtain the services of professional experts for the Society.
- Mode of the Election of the Governing Body:
The President will be elected in the first meeting of the General Body and after his I her election he I she will elect the other bearers of the Governing Body. The election will be held by Secret Ballot Vote.
The tenure of the Governing Body will be two years.
- Power and function of the President
The President will preside over all the meeting of the Society, Every meeting of the Society will be called on his I her advice. He I she will be head of the Society. He I she can call any emergency meeting and will use the powers given to him I her from time to time.
- Power and function of the Secretary
a) To maintain a membership register.
b) To record the proceeding of the meeting of the Governing Body
c) To inform members of the Society of its meeting.
d) To make arrangement for holding election of the Society in time.
e) The Secretary is hereby authorized to appoint staff for running the office of the Society to the minimum.
f) The Secretary is empowered for day to day expenditure for running the office of the Society. He is also empowered to take decision up to Rs. 5,000 /- (Rupees Five Thousand) at one time. He will require the permission of President if the expenditure is up to Rs. 10,000 /- (Rs. Ten Thousand). The members of the Society may enhance this amount by a majority vote. In case of amount exceeding this limit the consent of majority of the members of the Society will be required which may be obtained by hailing a meeting or by correspondence I communication.
- Power and function of the Treasurer
a) To maintain accurate accounts of the cash and stock of the Society.
b) All the Bank Accounts will be maintained with the permission and signature of the Treasurer.
The account of the Society will be audited by the Auditor I Chartered Accountant every year appointed by the Governing Body. He has to maintain the account books of the Society.
- Legal Matters:
The Society can sue or be sued under the name of the President or Secretary.
The Bank of the Society will be the State Bank of India, Medical Institute Branch, Sector-12, Chandigarh or any other Nationalized Bank as decided by Governing Body.
The funds of the society shall consist of the following :-
a) Fees and subscription collected by the Society.
b) Donations, Grants, Contributions and sponsorships.
c) Income from investments.
d) Other sources
- Investment of Funds:
The funds of the Society will be kept with State Bank of India, Medical Institute Branch, Sector-12, Chandigarh or in any Nationalised Bank in Saving Account or fixed deposits.
- Audit of Accounts:
Auditor: There shall be an auditor of the Society appointed by the members of the Society. Only registered chartered accountant shall be eligible for appointment. He I she shall audit all accounts of the Society yearly and will also file income tax return of the Society.
- Alteration I extension of the objects and alteration of the rules:
The rules of the Society shall not be amended or altered in any manner unless approved in writing by at least two-third members and thereafter confirmed by resolution of the General Body. The General Body may, from time to time, make such regulations and by laws not inconsistent with any provisions of these rules as it may think fit, for more effective conduct of objectives of Society and from time to time.